Accentuate Your Home with Custom Flooring Installation Services
Professional Flooring Installation by Empire State Builders
When building or remodeling a home, an important factor to consider is the flooring throughout. Flooring, in general, refers to any permanent covering on your floor. Often, this vital part of the home is overlooked until the last minute because homeowners tend to forget how flooring connects with all the other features of the home as a whole. Your floors help define individual rooms, accentuate furniture, and highlight paint colors as well as provide a comfortable surface for your family to walk on.
Common Types of Flooring to Install
Why You Should Professionally Install Flooring
Some homeowners think that flooring can be simply installed or removed after watching an online video, but the end result is often not as ideal as if they had it professionally completed. Since your flooring is one of the most used parts of the house, any errors can be almost immediately seen, and felt, when walking around. When choosing the team at Empire State Builders, we have years of experience in flooring installation services to make sure there are no surprises at any stage of the process. We ensure your floors are smooth and flat, with corners and troubling areas approached with careful precision to ensure a uniform appearance throughout the room or home.
Care About the Quality of Flooring You Have Installed
Flooring is often underestimated by homeowners, yet it provides many benefits to the home, including:
Impacts the Style of the Home
Your choice of flooring will create a sense of style for your home that is almost instantly visible inside. Choosing flooring that matches furniture or cabinets will help define rooms and should match the color or design elements to create a sense of uniformity.
Improves the Air Quality
For those homeowners with pets or who are affected by allergies, hard flooring can significantly improve their quality of life over carpeting. Carpets tend to capture dander, dust, hair, and dirt, leading to afflictions of the sinuses. If you or someone you love has a sensitive nose or severe allergies, removing carpeting from the home can help them live more comfortably.
Directly Impacts Home Value
Having new, clean, and high-quality flooring can increase the value of your home significantly! Buyers are always looking for flooring that matches their style and desire, so when you can show off floors that look good, it gives you a bargaining chip in the sales process. You won’t have to worry about negotiating over price due to “bad floors.”
Determines Overall Maintenance
Depending on the kind of flooring you choose, it can significantly impact the amount of overall maintenance you are required to perform. Choosing hardwood can often last for years with proper care, but a tile floor is often one of the easiest to clean. Discuss with our flooring contractors what option suits your maintenance desires.
Creates Functional Living Spaces
Each room in your home has a specific function, and your flooring should support that function. Kitchens can be messy places, so a flooring that is easy to clean and durable matches the function of that room. Bedrooms often utilize carpet for comfort and warmth. Depending on the function of your room, your flooring choice may change, which is completely normal.
Defining the Different Kinds of Flooring
- This elegant flooring is great for common areas, hallways, stairs, and more. This flooring option can be expensive, but often gives off a great appearance. It should always be installed in clean, dry areas, so avoiding bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens is best.
- Carpeting is a comfortable flooring that is ideal for bedrooms or other common areas where families gather. Carpeting comes in many different styles, so choosing one that is comfortable for you is important. This flooring should also avoid messy areas or rooms that could get wet in order to preserve the integrity of the flooring.
- Laminate is a synthetic flooring that simulates the appearance of wood. It is often less expensive than hardwood and offers greater protection to the flooring itself as well. Laminate is sturdy and easy to take care of, but it can get slippery when wet, so homeowners should take care in where they place the flooring.
- Tile is a versatile flooring that can go in many rooms thanks to its durability and ease of cleanliness. Water and stains can be easily cleaned up, making it popular for kitchens and bathrooms. However, the cold and hard texture makes it less popular for bedrooms or kids rooms.
- Vinyl flooring is an inexpensive synthetic material that comes in large sheets. When placed over floors, it becomes water-resistant and is highly durable. Additionally, the design and color options can help it match most styles and mimic other materials like tile or wood.
New York’s Experienced Flooring Installation Contractor
Building a home and designing all aspects of it can be a daunting and overwhelming task. At Empire State Builders, we will do whatever we can to make this process as simple and pain-free for you. Work closely with our team when it comes time to plan your flooring, as we have been doing this for over 35 years. Our team services multiple areas, including:
- Yonkers, NY
- Westchester, NY
- New York City, NY
- Rockland, NY
- The Bronx, NY
- The New Jersey area
- Greenwich, CT
- And surrounding areas!
Want to Lay Down Beautiful New Floors?
Get a free estimate for your flooring installation services with our team at Empire State Builders today by calling 844-682-2990.